RE: (TV) Lennon tribute

greg said: I think your first description was more accurate, Dan, the one about murdering it in a good way. The band was tight and the crowd wasn't booing; they were saying 'LOU!'

Yeah, having watched the whole thing this time I would say Lou was one of the few good, certainly one of the few geniune, aspects about the wretched affair.

Greg: I don't think that was Quine behind him

no I don't think it was him, I only saw a flash of beard last time and wondered

greg said: Speaking of maiming a tune, did you catch Kevin Spacy doing 'Mind Games'? Fabulous. He managed to transform Radio City Music Hall into a Koreatown karaoke bar.

At least he wasn't take himself too seriously. There were some real sphincter-clenching moments on that special, I mean does Cyndi Lauper really think she's some kind of noo jersey Nico now? The list goes on.