Re: (TV) No Deposit, No Return?

I'll second that. The six tracks from the so-called "original" version of FLASH
LIGHT sound identical to the versions on the final album. The CD is filled out
with b-sides from both the 1986 Bascombe sessions and some from COVER. Most
sound like nth generation cassette copies. Even these aren't complete; you
still need to pick-up THE MILLER'S TALE to get the rest of the b-sides.

As I've said before on this list, I don't even think there was an "original"
version of FLASH LIGHT as it was released in 1987. I think confusion over the
"original sessions" for the album that became FLASH LIGHT - the sessions that
Dave Bascombe produced, in London, which later showed up as b-sides - led to
the mistaken belief that FLASH LIGHT had been released in an alternate mix
prior to the final Fontana version we all know and love. As far as I can tell,
this simply isn't true, and the six tracks that appear at the beginning of NO
DEPOSIT, NO RETURN seem to be further proof of this.

--Philip