Re: (TV) Fingerstyle

Maurice Rickard <maurice@mac.com> wrote:
> At 3:04 PM -0400 10/25/01, Dan Jones wrote:
> >Looked like a sanded-down strat copy with lipstick tube pickups
>
> He's been sighted with that before--the Columbus film soundtracks
> show, and I think the Boston soundtracks show as well. (Joe?  Leo?
> Chelsea?  Want to confirm/deny?)

I'm too tired to check the archives, but I definitely recall a
natural wood body and the lipstick pickups (I'd just bought a
Danelectro 12 string, and the lipstick pickups are a Danny
trademark).

> But I
> remember the headstock having the Fender logo on it, and not thinking
> of it as a copy at the time...

My gut feeling at the time was that it had been pieced together from
various bits.  It's easy to put a Fender neck (which Tom obviously
has an affinity for) onto a body and then play all sorts of games with
the electronics.