Re: (TV) coming from matador....

OK - CD2 looks great. But what the hell is CD1 for??

First, any Hell fan is already going to have RIP. Second, if you're going to
reissue RIP, can't you do any better than TWO unreleased tracks ("Chinese
Rocks" and live 1983 "Funhunt")? I mean, Hell only did 6 vocal tracks for the
legendary 1975 Heartbreaker demos - why not give them ALL to us, instead of 4
here, and 1 more available ("Blank Generation") on another obscure punk
collection? Why not just include "Blank Generation" and the still-unreleased
"You Gotta Lose" and just get this over with? Oh, I know why - to milk us! To
make us buy a CD we already have just to get the one we don't have. This is as
dumb as that 2CD Pixies best-of/live set that came out a few years ago, only
they're milking an even smaller fanbase.

Off the top of my head, I could think of plenty of Hell material they could
have included on CD1, if they were insisting on re-selling us material we
already had. The two remaining Hell-sung tracks from the Heartbreakers demo
tapes are obvious choices. And what about the INTO THE VOID 7" bootleg? Or (if
they could get the rights from Sire) the alternate "Love Comes in Spurts" or
the outtake of "You Gotta Lose" from the BLANK GENERATION sessions? Or how
about both sides of the fantastic "Kid with the Replaceable Head" 7" single on
Radar, never released on CD? Since they could get the rights to Costello's
performance, I'm sure they could get the rights to that single (Radar was
Costello's label), and it's probably the best "lost" Hell single.

Those are just the tracks I know about - unreleased stuff is probably sitting
in the vaults. Don't get my wrong - I'm thrilled to see the two shows on CD2
getting an official release, and I would gladly shell out $20 for this disc
alone, but bundling this with a reissue of RIP is a plain and simple rip-off
(as Richard sang on DIM STARS).

--Philip