Re: (TV) t rex/bolan

Originally I decided I was going to stay out of this, but what the
hell...

I find the first two Tyrannosaurus Rex albums pretty heavy going.
Apart from a handful of songs, I would describe them as hippy
drivel. Unicorn and A Beard Of Stars are a different proposition
though. Druid rock.

Of course Bolan's lyrics are often ridiculous. As are 99% of rock
lyrics, including Verlaine's. I'd actually put them on par with each
other. What they both have in common is a good ear for an
interesting twist of phrase and a unique sensibility, which seperate
them from the majority. As to what they mean, does anyone really
care?

And John's Children were great. Pity their proper album was never
released.

Cliff

"Marc Bolan 1947-1977 A Chronology" by Cliff McLenehan
http://www.volny.cz/klif/index.htm