(TV) At work today...

Now playing:

MC5 - Best of from Rhino. I have KICK OUT THE JAMS and used to have BACK IN THE
USA, but I never really got into either - found the first excessive and the
second simplistic. So I bought this on a whim, and it's great cross-section,
and stuff like "Sister Anne" is fantastic - I'd never heard it before.

ELO - 2CD live show (yes! thanks Santa!)

Magnetic Fields - 69 Love Songs Vol. 1. Just got this from a friend - it's
fantastic.

The 6ths - Wasps' Nest. Haven't listened to this yet, but will soon.

Kinks - Word of Mouth. Just bought this to complete my Kinks 1977-84
collection. No masterpiece, but surprisingly solid. Plus, it's a really nice
reissue- excellent liner notes, remastering, pictures, etc.

Various Artists - Holiday CD I've been working on for this year. There's an
appearance by the Waitresses, to give this post some TV-related content, as
well as the dB's, Brian Wilson, Ramones, Band Aid(!), etc.

And I listened to T. Rex's THE SLIDER on the way to work today.

I ain't no square with my corkscrew hair,
Philip