RE: (TV) At work today...

I consider Stephen Merrit in the master class of songwriters. 69 LoveSongs
exceeded my expectations - Luckiest Guy being a personal fave. On Wasps
Nest, Aging Spinster is the standout. When I saw them a couple of years ago
they opened with it (w/ cello ad piano) and it was gorgeous. At the show
(Spaceland in LA) the audience grew impatient as they kept checking the
monitors and began to boo. The woman on keyboard then admonished the crowd
very snobbishly, saying that LA people live in a barn. Unfortunately beyond
the real chestnut songs they weren't a great band, per se and the set grew
tiresome. But it was worth it for the opening song alone.