Re: (TV) Coming Soon: Joey Ramone Place

Hey I once spoke to Verlaine (rather briefly) near the corner of west fourth and sixth avenue. Although B'way & 13th might be a slightly classier corner to name after him.

From: "Philip P. Obbard" <pobbard@yahoo.com>
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: (TV) Coming Soon: Joey Ramone Place
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 11:56:28 -0800 (PST)

"On Wednesday, the Public Safety and Transportation Committee of Manhattan's
Community Board 3 unanimously approved a proposition by 20-year-old Maureen
Wojciechowski to dub the corner of East Second Street and the Bowery after the
late punk icon who, along with the likes of Patti Smith, Television and the
Talking Heads, helped bring the genre to life at CBGB in the mid-'70s."

Full story: http://www.sonicnet.com/news/story.jhtml?id=1450594

You know, I've been calling the northeast corner of Broadway and 13th "Tom
Verlaine Corner" ever since I saw (and spoke) to him there a few years ago.
Maybe I could get it made official?

--Philip