Re: (TV) OT: Greil Marcus' Real Life Top 10 this week....

Jacopo Robusti <piazzasanmarco@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- "Philip P. Obbard" <pobbard@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > 9) Mick Jagger, "Goddess in the Doorway" (Virgin)
> >
> > Reviews are saying this isn't really terrible. It's
> > really terrible.
>

> 5 Stars from RS.  I have not heard it.  Has anyone?

FIVE stars??  A sure sign that drug use is up at RS, or maybe someone
just needed the payoff to cover the Lexus payment.

I can believe the album is as bad as marcus says it is; I've never heard
a Jagger solo effort that was worth listening to a second time, and some
of them weren't worth listening to a first time.

I frankly don't think the man is capable of a 2 star album on his own,
and I don't think the Stones were capabale of more than 3 stars any time
after the 70s.  (I'm sorry, but when they went disco on Some Girls, they
should have been put out of our misery.)

Just another reason why RS stopped being relevant years and years ago.