Re: (TV) Returning to the fold

Nick!  Welcome back!

At 11:38 AM +0000 12/28/01, nick powell wrote:
I now expect to get loads and loads of emails saying how much I've been missed(well maybe not......where were the search parties?).

The search parties were *great*! So great, in fact, that we got distracted and didn't look very hard. Sorry 'bout that.

How is everyone? Have I missed anything really important?(I can't face trekking through all the archives).
Looking forward to hearing all the gossip and what everyone is listening to.

I ended up buying a _lot_ of CDs this year, but I didn't put up many reviews on my site, as I was converting it over to a content manager I was building in PHP/mySQL. It's up now, though, and I've started rolling content in. My year was made more enjoyable by listening to Big Star, the Band's first two records, some mid-60s Dylan vinyl, the Coctails' _Peel_, Greg Grant's _The Disappearance_, and the 'net radio station at http://www.dr-yo.com/ that reminded me of some great stuff in my vinyl collection that I hadn't listened to in a while. And now I have a bunch of CDs from Christmas that I'll be dipping into over the next several days, too. (Chris Bell, Coltrane, Masada, Gastr del Sol, Meat Puppets, Dizzy Gillespie, Jandek, Chet Baker, Curlew, Jason Trachtenberg, and a Muddy Frankenstein split with Electric Frankenstein.)

Probably the best gossip is about who's responsible for the Eagles insertion on that triple-bootleg disc. (Wasn't me.)
--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/