RE: (TV) OT: Listening to anything new since the holidays?

Hey -H-, I've also been heavy on the downloads since
getting high speed internet.  The record industry
types are full of crap about download sites ruining
the industry because I'll probably be buying more in
the next month as a result of hearing some great music
I wouldn't have heard anywhere else.  (Plus it's an
easy way to upgrade my vinyl collection to cd as I'm
not buying everything new just because the format
changes.)

Here's my new year list so far: Pete Yorn MFTMA: mabye
I'm getting soft, mainstream or something but I'm
buying this ASAP

Frank Black : Dog in the Sand got it for Xmas and I
play it every chance I get along with FB & C, and
Pistelero.  Frank Black rules.

Bare Naked Ladies Greatest Hits.  Bought this for my
wife and it's really good.

Magnetic Fields downloads from 69 love songs.  will be
buying soon.

Go Betweens Friends of Rachel ward downloads, will be
buying soon

Strokes Is this it, urgh puke no buy, hate, reminds me
of a Polyphony (anyone remember polyphony?)  I loved
and hated polyphony

Pere Ubu: Lots of downloads,I buy whenever I can find.
 I have cloudland Philip, on cassette.  It's in bad
shape.  Been looking for cd also.

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club downloads, will be buying.

Radio Head Live: This sucks, no it's great, no it
sucks, no it's great....

And, aw f*ck it I'll admit it, I like Nickleback.  I
have no idea why and my college friends must never
know.  Probably won't buy this though as radio is
really overkilling it here as it fills up the
mandatory Canadian content.

Tragically Hip, always everyday must listen to the
hip.

I'm downloading Big Decision from that petrol emotion,
will be buying a grweatest hits from HMV as soon as
it's back in stock.  That wavewalker guy has a pretty
good cd out right now too.

greg