Re: (TV) Ramblings, incl. "There are guitar sounds on 'Cover' that simply haven't been heard before, sounds no synthesizer is ever likely to produc e."

--- "Casey, Leo J" <CaseyL@VOLPE.DOT.GOV> wrote:

> [Both reviewers below refer to TV as
> 'Mr. Verlaine', which may seem strange
> (or simply be a NY Timesism), but I think
> it shows how seriously they took him as
> an artist.]

It is a New York Timesism as you say.  Some may call
it pretentious, I have always like it.  All movie and
music reviews refer to Mr. or Ms. It has nothing to do
with how serious they take verlaine.  yahoo serious
would be referred to as "Mr. Serious."

Unknown film of the year: Chopper

Keithy George - "What Did You Ever Do That Was Good
Mark?"

Chopper - "Well I Bashed You. That Was Good. Well,
Good For A Giggle Anyway..."

=====
Jay Pontrelli

"If every museum in the New World were emptied, if every
famous building in the Old World were destroyed and only
Venice saved, there would be enough there to fill a full lifetime
with delight.  Venice, with all its complexity and variety,
is in itself the greatest surviving work of art." --Evelyn Waugh