(TV) major labels

----- Original Message -----
From: Cliff McLenehan <klif@volny.cz>

Subject: Re: (TV) The Lost Album

> Polydor didn't like what they heard and asked Tom to start again.
> Flash Light followed. Polydor were always a bunch of wankers, eh,
> Ray?

yip,we certainly had a few run-ins with Polydor Cliff even tho we were only
with them for a short time-once we recorded a throw away jokey cover version
as an extra track and the RC ended up releasing it as a double A single cos
they hated the original track we had chosen so much ourselves- howzat for
trying to ruin yer cred/reputation in one go? -also the MD who originally
signed us soon went off to work with Paul Mc Cartney so we were then left at
the mercy of the new guy,one David Munns-a real arsehole-a wanker's wanker
if you will-(at large now in America i'm reliably informed-scary)-he already
had had past "dealings" with our manager who during a previous dispute years
before had held Munns out of a 5 storey window by his feet and threatened to
let go! so you can imagine the tension when we were all sat down for our
first meeting together - magically within weeks a loophole had been found in
our contract and we were signed to Virgin instead.

someday i'll have to write up about all the disasters that befell our band
and also the bad decisions made on our behalf or by ourselves being
young,arrogant and incredibly stupid- really they're unbelievable - beyond
Spinal Tap !

however at the end of the day who wants to be rich and famous anyway, eh
kids?  :-^

 i must add all the same that for the most part Virgin treated us supremely
well during our time with them esp in the UK,France and Ireland

thanks for letting me spurge folks -hopefully you'll find some of this a bit
entertaining/illuminating-best to all   R.

ps i have a good Clinton Heylin story too but that can wait for another
time...

pps happy new year Cliff btw