Re: (TV) Fontana

Excerpt from Melody Maker, 5/19/90
".......If you wanted to get down to a serious, nitty-gritty article
on the problems between Tom Verlaine and Fontana Records,
we could be here for days," .....

Great article, Leo. Thanks for that. I've heard that our man TV is a difficult artist to deal with over the years, a prickly individual at best, but I don't know him and never will, not in the way several of the list members do, so who knows? All I know is that I will never approach him or any of my favorite musical artists if I see them, out of respect for their privacy and the fact that I don't want the experience to effect my appreciation of their music.

I think Tom *is* trying to make commercial music, or music that sells, but that he wants to do it on his terms, and for that he has my respect, not that he needs it or that it matters.

Thanks again, Leo.

Best,

Brian

Http://members.tripod.com/raggedglory57/index.htm

np.  Ray Charles- What'd I Say