FW: (TV) Burma report

I like Sam's review, so I will add to that one.

 I drove up from VA, stayed with my old pal, Tom, guitarist in D Colony (I
was the bass player). LIRR in to Penn, then the subway, popping up at Union
Square. Geez, just like the old days. I had never seen MOB, the Suns,
Birdsongs, etc, BUT I was BACK in NYC!
That feeling really brought me back to the late 70's-early 80's, when I used
to go downtown.

All three played magnificently. We were on the right, by Clint, and he was
very well practiced for coming out of retirement so recently.
Roger looked so happy, and I loved that boyish grin of embarrassment which
washed across his face when he put the headphones on. Man, I'd wear those
things if they could make me play like that! Roger Miller is a pretty damned
amazing guitar player - either that, or it was Weston's tape manipulation. I
prefer to think it was all Roger.

 Did MOB unlock a closet in Boston, and pull the equipment out of storage?
Anyone who saw them back in the day, please respond. I'll bet Peter's drums
were the only non-vintage stuff up there. Did you see that Sunn Model T? I
want one! The Marshall has some high mileage!
There were several fantastic moments: Did they ever really stop playing
together?

I heard the three new songs, they were as good as anything else. I'd like to
know who the guy was, asking me all the song titles - who did he write a
review for?
My moment of shame: I didn't recognize 'Heart of Darkness' for quite a
while.
 I am wondering: with the taping for the documentary, the obvious fun on
stage, the new songs...oh, yes! It's a comeback tour! MOB have re-formed,
and we will get at least 3 new albums!! (Keep repeating, over and over,
there's no place like Burma...there's no place like Burma...)

Weak moment: not the problem Sonic Youth had getting the amp to work, but
the lame-ass treatment of 'All World Cowboy Romance'. What a circle jerk.

All in all, it was great. Best show I've seen in a long time, but I have the
added nostalgia of being with my old band mate, and back in NYC .

if you haven't been:
http://www.fenwayrecordings.com/missionofburma/mob_nyc.html

 - H.
 an aside: when Invert played TNK, I could only think of Eno, and 801. I was
really stuck in time that night.