(TV) Arthur Andersen was Electra's Accountant / Canadians Responsible for Verlaine's Poverty

-----Original Message-----
From: g grant
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2002 12:01 PM
Subject: Re: (TV) # of Copies
of 1992 "Television"

>At least Tom tried to trade a CD for
>a carton of Export A's (fondly referred
>to as Green Death here in Canadaland)....
>Mostly Canadians just gave Verlaine
>half a carton,unless he threw in a
>t-shirt with the cd.  Why I remember
>telling Tom during his tour stop in
>Moosejaw Saskatchewan that I wanted
>the cd, shirt and an autograph plus
>a boot of the concert in exchange for
>the Export A's.
> greg
------------------

Snippet from a Boston Rock (BR), Sept. 1981
Interview [This is a real interview---not
from my fevered imagination--entire BR
interview to follow later.]

	Leo

Boston Rock:  Did Elektra make you even
more wary of this business?

Verlaine:  Well to this day I don't know
what those records sold.  It took a long
time to get off Elektra although it was
easy to get another deal.  I was supposed
to do three records for Elektra and they
didn't want to let me go.  It took a year
to get off.  The latest Elektra accounting
report said that one cassette has sold in
Canada in the last six months!