(TV) <no subject>

I figured it was a partial joke, but that the number was about right.  I
have no idea how record companies deal with pre-destined sales duds.

>2) It may be that there were *relatively* fewer
>Television fans in 1992 in the Indianapolis
>area per square mile [not meant as a slight
>on Indianapolis area]

There are very few Television fans in this area, needless to say.  Also very
few Cornelius fans, for those who have fallen in love with his latest album.
Chances are, if there is a band with a small and non-communicative fanbase,
I will probably become a huge fan at some time or another.

>ps: Do you have any interesting/funny used cd
>stores/customer stories?

DO I!  I had this guy buying some old Snoop Dogg CD from me. I must have
said something about Snoop to offend him because he got really flushed and
started breathing heavily like he was gonna hit me.  His friend came back
the next day and said he'd never seen his buddy that mad before.  The lesson
of this story is that Snoop Dogg fans have a fragile faith in Our
Doggfather, and it should never be questioned.

It was a bad job for a music snob like me.  Had to cater to everyone's
excruciatingly bad taste.

>Cool enough to partake in Export A Greens?  when I
>worked in a convienience store, most customers of the
>unfiltered A's seemed to be grizzled old farmers and
>the filtered types were smoked by mulleted "gonna kick
>your ass while listening to Southern Rock" types.

I'd love to be a grizzled old farmer.  The Southern Rock types were usually
trying to intimidate me behind the counter back when I was at the used
place.

>Vinyl, and analog recording in general,
>just sounds better. This is not faddism,
>snobbery, being set in old ways,
>clinging to anachronism. It's not
>even a matter of taste.

Yes, it is a matter of taste.  A good case in point would be the Radiohead
album, OK COMPUTER.  That album just wouldn't sound right on vinyl to most
poeple for obvious reaons.  Also, I would like to note that you can listen
to CDs in your car.  I buy most albums on CD because I can listen to them in
the car, and because I am not at home enough to really appreciate a 400 LP
strong library.  Yes, CDs accentuate the bad bits of analog recordings; and
yes, most vinyl recordings do have a very warm feeling to them.  That's what
I love about vinyl.  Anyway, there are big points to both of them.  And CDs
sound perfectly good enough to me, and I never feel like I'm merely
tolerating them.

Oh, here is a good question:  What kind of turntable does everyone here own,
and what brand of styli do you all recommend?

FORTUNA CAECA EST
_BRAD