Re: (TV) Indy / CD vs Vinyl / Turntable

--- Brad <CatTypeRobot@earthlink.net> wrote:
> There are very few Television fans in this area
> [Indianapolis],

I'll say-- I'm from down around the Bloomington, IN area--
my major TV find was a copy of the PORTABLE ELECTRICITY
boot at All Ears in Bloomington last summer.  But other
than that, I don't think that I've ever seen any
Television/Verlaine in any store, save maybe a few copies
of Marquee Moon and Adventure.  Where are some good music
stores in Indy BTW?  I don't get down there nearly often
enough.

> Oh, here is a good question:  What kind of turntable does
> everyone here own,
> and what brand of styli do you all recommend?

I just got a Music Hall MMF-2 turntable not too long ago.
~$250 from Decibel Audio in Chicago.  It's pretty low end
compared to most "audiophile" turntables, but better than
anything you'd find at Best Buy/etc.  I'm pretty happy with
it.

I find the whole CD vs LP debate pretty silly.  if I buy
something new, it'll most likely be on CD, but there's
nothing like coming home from the record store with an
armload of old vinyl that you picked up for cheap.  Listen
to the music, not the format..

--Scott