Re: (TV) cds vs. vinyl / an objective view

Keith Allison <keith@marquee.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> I know nothing at all about digital technology, CD mastering and the
> like but I know that the sound that "See No Evil" makes rushing out of
> the speakers when I put the '77 record on is the sound of Television and
> I know that nothing I've heard of them on a CD comes close.

Bully for you, Keith....

But I can't tell the fluffing difference.  Not on the gear I've ever
used, anyway.  One time I heard a side-by-side test on a $10,000 stereo
and could tell...  but not on my kit.

On the other hand, I love the convenience of CDs... I love being able
to take them in the car, I love having more than 20 minutes of
uninterrupted music, I love the relative sturdiness of them, I love not
hearing the dust and the scratches and the static pops.

Different strokes, as they say :)

And no, there will NOT be a vinyl release of "When Beauty Meets Abuse" :)