Re: (TV) Re: TV Digest V1 #590

Michael beat me to the punch. I was going to say: listen to "She Loves You" on
the Beatles' PAST MASTER VOL. ONE. It's a horrific, mid-80s transfer from a
terrible tape; multiple clumsy edits are audible in the track. Then listen to
the version of "She Loves You" they used for the "Red" 2LP CD reissue and the
version that appeared on #1 last year - both are *much* better. Clearly,
someone at EMI found the right tape, or mastered it the right way, etc.

Also, your perceptions change over time, right? I thought the Monkees kicked
*ass* when I was eleven, but I don't care how good the CD remastering is now
-they just aren't the same band to me, and the songs do NOT sound the same.

--Philip