Re: (TV) Re: TV Digest V1 #590

----- Original Message -----
From: "gregg luvoxx"

When I was a kid one of my favorite 45s was Cherry Cherry by Neil
Diamond...Years later I bought a CD with a cleaned up version of the song
and it SUCKED. The whole energy was drained and you could really hear how
fake the handclaps were as each track stood out in the mix.

Well, you may have a point there, but you've gotta consider the source.
Slash, for example, issued the first two X albums on one CD years ago and it
sounded awful - like they'd used the LP master tapes without any EQ-ing.
Now Rhino's released them (with the obligatory bonus tracks ) and to me,
they sound great, as do the Columbia Byrds reissues. YMMV.