RE: (TV) Re: TV Digest V1 #590

I must chime in on this. When I was a kid one of my favorite 45s was Cherry
Cherry by Neil Diamond. I would play it over and over while jumping on my
bed. Years later I bought a CD with a cleaned up version of the song and it
SUCKED. The whole energy was drained and you could really hear how fake the
handclaps were as each track stood out in the mix. I have nothing against
CDs but I wish they would have more appeciation for real sound of 60s rock n
roll songs. I would buy a whole Bang Records box set if it was mastered from
a Donald Duck picnic player.

>Michael Olcsvary wrote:
>Then the radio station I worked for get in some CD players, and one day in
the studio I (and several others) heard an entire female chorus we'd never
heard before on some Neil Diamond tune.  It wasn't remixed or redone, in
fact if you knew it was there, you could sort of hear it on the 45 (or cart,
in this case).