RE: (TV) Byrds Clarification

><snip> most of what was on the early Byrds albums was
>done by session players.. but now I just checked
>allmusic.com and it said that this was a "widely circulated
>rumor"..........

God, I hope so.
I was very disturbed by reading that. I know there was a LOT
of session musicians behind almost ALL the hits (any band) back
in the 50's and 60's (and 70's and 80's and 90's....)
But news like that about the Byrds really hurt.

Hey, anyone else get email from Musician's Friend?
I just read the most remarkable thing in "The Week That Was" section:
"1958, the song "Tequila" by The Champs is released and begins its
climb to number one on the chart... The Champs includes among its
members Jim Seals and Dash Croft who later become Seals and Croft..."
(I think they were *always* Seals and Croft)

But does that mean Tex-Mex Hot Rod and Surf instrumentals are responsible
for laid back Bahai '70s California soft rock , like Nesmith and McGuinn
are responsible for the Eagles?
Is Robert Johnson responsible for ALL rock?

- Herman