(TV) Bono--messiah

The Mekons said it best on their masterpiece, "the
mekons rock 'n roll," which incidentally has just been
re-released on CD.  it is a must for ANY rock and roll
fan--one of the best of the 80s:

"blow your tuneless trumpet"

blow...
blow your tuneless trumpet the choice is yours
i'm going to see the horse doctor
he's waiting where the rain comes in
the fancy shirt i wore is just lying in the drawer
the girl i used to sleep with i don't see her anymore
blow...
blow your tuneless trumpet the choice is yours
death belongs to everyone it's the only thing we have
yeah, death belongs to everyone it's the only thing we
have
i don't owe nobody i don't even owe the rent
i've even got some money left i still haven't spent
so blow...
blow your tuneless trumpet the choice is yours
we don't want the glamour the pomp and the drums
the dublin messiah scattering crumbs
just blow...

=====
"If every museum in the New World were emptied, if every
famous building in the Old World were destroyed and only
Venice saved, there would be enough there to fill a full lifetime with delight.  Venice, with all its complexity and variety, is in itself the greatest surviving work of art."  --Evelyn Waugh