Re: (TV) Musicians on Bravo (non-TV)

AndrewMFC@aol.com wrote:
> Anyone see Lou Reed on that new show on Bravo called "Musicians" last night?
> It was mildly amusing, if only for the incredibly obsequious Hobbit-like host.

Bwahahahaaaa!!!!

I saw this, and you've summed the poor schlub up perfectly!  At one
point my wife turned to me and said "you're a better interviewer than
that guy."

The guy was positively fawning over Lou, who was trying to be open and
friendly, but this guy was coming up with AWFUL questions.  Many of them
were trying to eke out a deeper meaning from Lou's lyrics, when basically
there aren't any.  As Lou himself said last night, he hopes he's brought
a novelist's eye for detail to his songs.  I've always seen Lou's songs as
little slices of life with a definite perspective, not layered pieces of
symbolism.  But dammit, this guy was not going to let it go - he kept
trying to dredge something up out of it.

Also annoying was the host's requests of Lou to go back to his guitar and
"show us how you wrote xxxx."

To me his main sin was to completely ignore Lou when he got onto something
he was enjoying (like talking about his bar band experiences) to get back
to trying to find a deeper meaning in Vicious (or something).

Great idea, bad implementation.  I really hope it gets better...