Re: (TV) Musicians on Bravo (non-TV)

Joe Hartley wrote:

AndrewMFC@aol.com wrote:
 Anyone see Lou Reed on that new show on Bravo called "Musicians" last night?
It was mildly amusing, if only for the incredibly obsequious Hobbit-like host.

Bwahahahaaaa!!!!

I saw this, and you've summed the poor schlub up perfectly!  At one
point my wife turned to me and said "you're a better interviewer than
that guy."
[snip]
Also annoying was the host's requests of Lou to go back to his guitar and
"show us how you wrote xxxx."

Joe's summed up pretty nicely my impression of the parts of the interview I caught. The interviewer's style reminded me of the late Chris Farley's awkward interviewer on Saturday Night Live. "Lou, do you remember when you wrote 'Vicious'? That was cool." I felt embarrassed for Lou, and a little stunned that he was so polite in response to all the trained-monkey requests for him to play this or that riff or song (or read his poetry).

You know who did this kind of thing very well? Bob Costas - not just a sportscaster but an overall intelligent guy. Anyone remember his late night interview show? He had a hilarious two-parter with Mel Brooks.

- Jesse