Re: (TV) Recent listens

At 11:12 AM -0800 2/6/02, Brian Young wrote:
I'm curious about what you folks have been listening to recently.

John Fahey: _The Legend of Blind Joe Death_--amazing acoustic mastery, good for the soul

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds: _Tender Prey_--some real classics; "Slowly Goes the Night," for as much as the band hated doing it, is a fine one indeed

Henry Flynt: _You Are My Everlovin' / Celestial Power_--mind-altering Appalachian/Indian-style violin improvisations over prepared drones; the former goes into hard-bowed, distorted John Cale territory

The available .mp3s from a tribute project developed by a certain mailing list--some very impressive work on there, and some rewarding surprises!

Chris Bell: _I Am The Cosmos_--very moving stuff that's been rightly discussed at some length here

Neutral Milk Hotel: _In the Aeroplane Over the Sea_--more heartbreaking surreal brilliance; here's hoping for a follow-up

John Zorn: _Archery_ and _Locus Solus_-- just the thing for the noise fix

And a number of things that have been sent to me by various kind souls. What's everyone else got on?
--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/