(TV) Bono's messiah complex (TV list)

>They are a wonderful band but I am coming
>to the opinion that Bono has a serious messiah complex.

I try to listen to the music more than question the bombast of Bono.  I have
to like him, since everything he does seems to come from a genuine desire to
be a positive force in the world.  The songs are good and uplifting in their
own right, but sound kind of cheesy in certain situations just because of
Bono's grandstanding.  Oh well.  He has the virtuoso part of the rock singer
down, he just has a conscience about it.

Personally, I believe that you really DON'T start a rock band to save the
world.  Rock is an expressive art, about both primitive and complicated
feelings.  I'm really interested in what the rest of the list thinks about
the basic ingredients of rock music.  I'll post my theory after the fact.

This is a good chance to become a Bono of sorts.