Re: (TV) Bono's messiah complex (TV list)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brad" <CatTypeRobot@earthlink.net>
> Personally, I believe that you really DON'T start a rock band to save the
> world.  Rock is an expressive art, about both primitive and complicated
> feelings.

U2 didn't start out that way . The Boy album deals with the most primitive
and complicated topic of all - losing a parent at an early age .

Their artwork and photographs of the early period were all about artistic
expression .
They just didn't waste much time getting to the save the world bit after
that .

U2 are an amazing force musically and otherwise and should be respected at
the least , regardless of what people think about Bono's bombast . Let's
face it , they'd be pretty boring without him , wouldn't they ? :-)

Cheers
Andy

ps - I believe the one fundamental issue which is the very fabric of music
is there are 2 types of music :

Music made by people for a living
Music made by people because they're driven by heart and soul to make it .

( u2 fall into the 2nd category )

or

There are 2 types of music :

Country