(TV) recent listens/RT vs. TV

i second Maurice on the Henry Flynt disc. i don't own it, but i've experienced
its splendor a couple of times.

also:

Charley Patton box: i bought it for my pop as an xmas gift (with the help of
siblings), and immediately burned it for myself. now i'm reaping the benefits.
worth every penny, all 15000 of 'em!

International Harvester 'Sov Gott Rose-Marie' cd: those who dug last year's
Parson Sound release must get his Swedish psych masterpiece. this is a reissue
of their only album as 'International Harvester', before they changed simply
to 'Harvester'.

Joshua 'Gold Cosmos' lp: amazing acid-folk from my fellow Amherst, MA based
compadre, Josh Burkett. songs feature, at times, PG Six and Matthew Valentine
of Tower Recordings, as well as Six Organs of Admittance, Dredd Foole, Chris
Corsano, etc... get his cd, 'Life Less Lost', too, cuz its wicked good. Forced
Exposure must have both.

Sonny Sharrock 'Monkie Pockie Boo' lp: about f-ing time this got reissued.
doesn't quite achieve what 'Black Woman' does, but the fact that it comes
close says a goddamn lot.

Shadow Ring 'Lighthouse' + 'Lyndus' lp's: I don't even know how to begin
describing this band, except that one notorious Scott Foust (Swill Radio
rec's, Idea Fire Co., Tart, etc...) put these records out, and it seems
suitable. their music is a glimpse into a world that no one, but they, will
ever, ever understand, but it is no less intriguing to listen to.

I am also eagerly awaiting the 3rd installment of Matthew Valentine's 'Child
of Microtones' series. he's playing at tonic (think) sometime in the middle of
this month, if this is at all helpful. Chris Corsano on drums, too.

i plan on shelling out the $40 for that reissue lp of the japanese psych band
People, 'Buddha Meet Rock', or something like that i heard it once and it
sounded great.

as for TV vs. RT, i really don't see the point in arguing over which one
is 'better', in either their technique or depth of emotional expression. their
prowess in both is unquestionable. i don't think anyone can get away with
saying that TV has 'got more feel' than RT, and i think that TV has more chops
than anyone would probably like to admit. although i gravitate much more
towards TV, as far as my taste in guitar players go, i would say that i admire
RT equally. it seems like once musicians attain a certain level of greatness,
it becomes silly to determine the superiority of one remarkable player over
another. i guess i'm just really turned off by the whole 'who's the cream-of-
the-crop guitar hero?' thing...cuz clearly the answer to that quiestion
is 'Satch'.

willie