Re: (TV) recent listens

I have nothing new since december (other than a huge
wish list) but whta's been occupying what little time
I have had lately for listening to music:

Frank Black and the Catholics: FB&TC, Pistolero, Dog
in Sand

Downloads of Gregory Page and Carlos Olemeda, San
Diego artists that are just amazing.  How these guys
remain, along with Chris Chapple, unsigned is
unbelievable.

The 2nd tribute downloaded.  Good job all!

Richard Thompson Rumour & sigh

Robyn Hitchcock live acoustic stuff downloaded

and some whack band called Toxic Spores...

Richard Thompson Versus Tom Verlaine

Well Tom's my fave guitarist but I'm afraid, in my
opinion, that Richard Thompson is a far superior
guitarist (technically) and Tom's equal in feel.  Tom
has a better sense of arrangement in layering multiple
guitars together so I think comparing the two is like
comparing apples and oranges.

Technically, Tom's acoustic solo performances (on the
stuff I heard) fairly standard and the guitar was far
from challenging whereas RT's solo acoustic sounds
like there are 2 or 3 guitars, a bass and sometimes
even a drum (when he decides to thump the guitar while
playing), put a pair of cymbals on his knees and a
harmonica and he's be an orchestra.

I do think RT does something Verlaine doesn't do and
that would be practice.

greg