RE: (TV) Warm and Cool / The Mine

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Allison
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2002 9:47 AM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: (TV) Warm and Cool

http://www.marquee.demon.co.uk/warm.htm
>(Still think it sucks, though...)

At the risk of starting the Warm & Cool
debate all over again, I've gotta agree with
Keith. I admit that Lance Glover is a fine
writer, but I'm not persuaded.  Warm & Cool
should/could have been a lot better given
that Tom had been talking about making an
all instrumental album for years and years.

L. Glover wrote:
"...the three variations [of 'Depot'] provide
a rich matrix of complements and contrasts;
obviously Verlaine liked this theme well enough
to keep mining it ... "

IMHO this album contains too much dross and
filler--too much leavings and tailings from
the mine and not enough silver.

	Leo