Re: (TV) recent listens

on 2/8/02 11:09 AM, Jeff Ross at jross@djangos.com wrote:

> Check out John Renbourn's "sir john a lot"- it features him playing stunning
> acoustic guitar along with a percussionist, minimal and amazing!
>
> Jeff Ross

I agree... great stuff.  Renbourn has been one of my favorite guitarists
along with Verlaine and Thompson for many years.  Back when I had time to
play guitar (and could read music.. long since forgotten, unfortunatey) I
had a book of his pieces written out in full classical guitar notation..
absoutely the most finger busting stuff I ever tried to play and he just
does it so naturally. Amazing.
Haven't heard about him for years.. maybe some of our British friends know
if he's still around?

Mark M.