(TV) Pentangle/Jansch

In message <004701c1b098$d1de2a00$4c56893e@baka>, Raymond <ray@wavewalke
r.freeserve.co.uk> writes
>don't know Pentangle but i plan to investigate v soon as i recently got sent
>a best of John Renbourn and it's totally wonderful-

Not to mention Bert Jansch, in Pentangle along with Renbourn, Danny
Thompson at al. For those of us in the UK, MVC are selling "An
Introduction to Bert Jansch" for #3.99 and wonderful it is too. One of
_the_ great acoustic guitarists; listen to the early 60s songs from this
and you can hear who Jimmy Page and Richard Thompson were listening to
down in the folk clubs of southern England. I'm not a great folk music
fan but this stuff almost defies categorisation as folk. His version of
McColl's "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" reminds you that a) it
was written by a traditional folk singer and b) every crappy MOR version
of it that you've ever heard had completely missed the point and beauty
of the song.