RE: (TV) Pentangle/Jansch

I agree! For me Bert Jansch is the best acoustic guitarist there is - as
important to British guitar playing as John Fahey is to US guitar, though
his guitar style is easier on the ear. I much prefer his earlier solo work,
though I like the jazzier Pentangle tunes. Interesting to compare Jansch &
Renbourn to Verlaine and Lloyd - Bert Jansch is the unconventional
inspirational player, whereas John Renbourn is conventional and  precise.
You missed out point c) about his version of "The First Time Ever I Saw Your
Face", ie how the hell can anyone play that on one guitar? I've tried
playing it (been learning fingerpicking for some time) and don't even come
anywhere near. In Colin Harper's recent biography of Jansch he admits he can
no longer play the tune himself. One of those CD tracks I can just put on
repeat play and still not get bored after the 100th listen.
There's a very good website with Jansch guitar tabs at:
http://members.home.net/glasalle1/guitar/index.htm
and a discography here: http://www.lesk.demon.co.uk/pages/jansch.htm
As Keith suggests, go out and buy a cheap compilation CD of his most famous
tunes - you won't regret it (mind you, you'll have to venture into the
"folk" section of your local record store, its probably in the basement.
Don't forget to turn the lights out when you leave).
-Howard