(TV) who?

Alan Jackson Visits CBGB
February 7, 8 p.m. ET, RollingStone.com

Alan Jackson took the stage for a rare club gig at a packed CBGB in New York
City last night. Jackson's appearance was his first full NYC set since he
dropped in at the larger Irving Plaza in January 2000. The performance fell
on the same day that Jackson's latest album, Drive, topped the pop charts
for the third consecutive week.
Although Jackson might seem like an odd fit at the nearly thirty-year-old
club that fostered the careers of the Ramones, Television and other punk and
New Wave pioneers, his country music is actually a better fit for the
original direction of the venue, which took its name for the
country/bluegrass/blues that owner Hilly Kristal envisioned booking. "The
first band that ever played here was a country artist called Con Fullum
Band," Kristal said. "But nobody as big or important as Alan Jackson. We've
had AC/DC and all kinds of rock bands, but to have somebody who doesn't need
it want to play here is an honor."
ANDREW DANSBY

I'm not sure if I've heard him, but I picture slick Confederate flag bozo
shlock
GL