(TV) Tom verlaine release..Of Sorts

Just got this of a Chuck Prophet news letter....apologies if this is old
News:

KRIS KRISTOFFERSON TRIBUTE HITS THE STREET:

Nick Tangborn and his one man show Jackpine Social Club Records, gets
in gear and finally releases his labor of love, "Don't Let the
Bastards Get You Down" -- a tribute to Kris Kristofferson featuring
John Doe, Chuck, Tom Heyman, Tom Verlaine, Motherhips, Stephen
Bruton, Mover and a host of other mighty ducks of the alt dot ghetto!
Stay tuned for the tribute show at Slims March 29.

http://www.insiderone.net/datastream/datanews063.html

Plus I am reading Julian Copes Book "Repossed" at the moment when I came
across this passage,  It's Julian describing the producer of his first solo LP
Steve Lovell :

"Steve played guitar like aburning angel - he had a devestated inner-soul
which could make Tom Verlaine sound like some wide-backed no-titted adolescent
female."

All the best........Steve