Re: (TV) Nice Television review in Big Takeover

In a message dated 2/26/2002 3:12:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
russvr@blarg.net writes:

> Ah, I must remind myself , t'is the nature of this uncontrolled electronic
> soap box we call a mail-list that subject matter drifts almost immediately.
> The irony for me is that The Who more or less has ceased to exist in my mind
> since the departures ( over time) of Keith Moon and John Entwistle. To me
> it's more the The Peter and Roger Show - but that's just my opinion. The Who
> *were* great ( I saw them in concert twice - once back in 76! - like my
> second concert). Television on the other hand *Is* great.

Departure of John Entwistle? Huh? John's never left. And the versions of "My
Wife" on the last tour (2000) were amazing.

Granted, The Who hasn't released an album since '82 (and a great one since
the 70's), but they're definitely back in top form live. If we're talking
about The Who circa their '82 "farewell" tour, I'd completely agree with your
take. It was a shell of the real thing. But in 2000 (and at the NYC show),
they're back to full power.

They're both great.

       -- Owen

PS: Of course, everyone's fully entitled to their opinion!

Owen Gwilliam
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/otg
http://shadowy.brainiac.com (The Shadowy Site On A Shadowy Web)

"Thank you for coming to the concert ... you don't call, you don't write, but
you look good ..."
    -- Tom Waits addressing the crowd at a 1999 Vancouver concert