From: "nick powell" <nick_bug@hotmail.com>
To: <tv@obbard.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 11:56 AM
Subject: (TV) Nice Review etc

> >Russ There are all sorts of reasons why you might not have got much
> >response. I wouldn't take it personally. I recently mentioned a Ruichard
> >Hell interview that I had just seen, no one responded but I was just
> >letting people know in case they were unaware. If anyone wanted to
comment
> >then fine. People are busy and don't always have the time.

Yup , I know.

> >I for one had never heard of The Big Takeover so it's difficult to
comment.
> >I am however pleased they are saying good things about TV.

For all interested, The Big Takeover is an american music publication that
is very thick - more record reivews per cubic inch of magazine than any
other rag - hell, I think they'd review the moosical tinklings of your toe
nails as they bounce off the bathroom floor if you sent them a tape of it .
I like the magazine for their exhastive interviews ( The Bob Mould one from
The Last Dog and Pony Show era comes to mind ), their non-slick - non
Revolver/Spin/Rollingstone look . Here is their web site for further info:
http://www.bigtakeover.com/ . Someone mentioned Mojo - and of course I love
Mojo too, for different reasons. Both magazine cover pretty dead on the
bands and performers I am interested in .

> Personally I like us going off topic. As has been said before there is not
> normally enough TV activity going on to keep us going 7 days a week(and
not
> being a guitarist or a techy I'm unable to make head or tail of some of
the
> discussions....but that's my fault) and I've been turned on to some great
> music by this list. Long may that continue.

I agree too , I don't mind stuff going off topic - every thread goes off
topic eventually - there is probably a mathematical theory that models just
such behavior - I just get pissy when it happens to my thread right at the
beginning. Thread drift makes the threads all the more interesting ...
sometimes.

> As for the Who.........yes they were great but I really cannot understand
> why anyone would want to go and see Roger Daltrey singing My Generation in
> 2002. Keith Moon was the only one who did die before he got old(and he was
> always the best thing about the band). Now don't get me wrong I don't want
> them all to peg out but what is the point of them carrying on other than
> make themselves millions and millions?
> .......and Townsend is such a bore nowadays.

Well said !

thanks, Russ