(TV) Echo

This list has mentioned the group Echo and the Bunnymen a few times over the last
couple of years, and Verlaine in an interview once said that he could hear Television's
influence in the Will Seargent's guitar playing on Bunnymen's first couple of records.

In my car on way to work this morning, I heard a song by Echo and the Bunnymen
that the college radio DJ said was from their new[?] cd, "Live in Liverpool".  The song's
guitar was mixed way down, but the vocals were very upfront/prominent. It contained
the refrain "kingdom come".

Not very impressed (is the rest of cd any good?)---in fact, to purge the memory of the
ponderous lyrics and pedestrian guitar I immediately blasted Flash Lightning.

"When I heard your name, I looked into my cup;
Lo, and behold, the seven seas came up.
When I hear your voice, the arrow flies;
The street turns silver, and the fools get wise."
	Leo
NP: "Remains" - The Only Ones;  "Blues Jam in Chicago" Vol. I, Peter Green/D. Kirwan/Otis Spann;
 "Sunny Side of Heaven", Danny Kirwan/Fleetwood; "Future Games", Bob Welch/Fleetwood;
*Guilty Pleasure:  Ian McCulloch's "Just Like Sugar"