Re: (TV) Echo

minor point: "just like sugar" is the bunnymen, not
mcculloch solo
& "kingdom come" is a beautiful song (as is the rest
of "ocean rain", probably the bunnymen's high
point)....
i haven't heard the new live in liverpool disc (some
b-men fanatics have recommended it), but i'll likely
avoid it cos mac has lost his voice, forever & anon
from what i can hear (the liners to the "crystal days"
box set attribute his voice deterioration to the
cocaine blues, but i believe there's been some soul
deterioration as well, which can count for alot more).
sergeant is always worth a listen & even tho he's been
playing the same 3 or 4 variations on one guitar lick,
it's a fucking great one.
anyhow, point here is that the bunnymen up to the best
of (say, 85 or thereabouts...basically up until pete
defreitas split the band) were a major fuggin band.
i wouldn't hesitate to say that "crocodiles" & "ocean
rain" & choice cuts off the other recs stand up to (&
are superior to) alotta verlaine solo...
dive in, leo....