Re: (TV) Richard Lloyd & Chris Stamey

--- Brian Young <raggedglory57@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I think that Stamey shot himself in the foot with the album's title ("It's
> alright", that is) and whoever decided on the cover photo of him should have
> lost their job over it.  I think some artists overlook the importance of a
> good cover and album title. As little as we like it, many *do* judge a book
> by it's cover, and Stamey looks absolutely gutted on the cover.

I think this is a pretty consistent problem for the dB's and their solo work.
The cover of MAVERICKS is pretty awful - why did Holsapple approve it? Or DID
he? The only dB's album cover proper that holds up is THE SOUND OF MUSIC, and I
guess LIKE THIS isn't bad. But the rest are bad - even the archival releases -
and their solo stuff isn't much better. Stamey's FIREWORKS has a cheesy cover
shot; Holsapple's OUT OF MY WAY looks like someone used clip art to create the
cover.

Sorry, we're way OT now. I will say that while I never cared for the cover of
MARQUEE MOON (heresy!), I really like the covers of ADVENTURE and TELEVISION.

--Philip