Re: (TV) Echo (Round 1)

--- Henry Biedenkapp <henry17306@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >From: "Casey, Leo J" <CaseyL@VOLPE.DOT.GOV>
>
> >"Ocean Rain" does not have a soul; it is completely
> devoid [pronounced as
> >the non-French 'Voidoid' (or 'android')] of feeling
> >with the exception of
> >affectation. I have met/heard the Bunnymen and >thy
> music is called
> >prententiousness. "Ocean Rain" is a fuggin'
> >abomination---even the string
> >orchestra sounds cold and sterile---the >equal to
> Marquee Moon, my arse.
> >[Jay, you'd better bring your boxing >gloves to NYC
> on the 19th :-) ]

As someone else on this list recently remarked,
sometimes you just have to shake your head.

I am really not trying to start anything, but anyone
who thinks the song "ocean Rain" has no soul, better
start doing a wee bit of self examination.  Marquee
Moon has far less "soul" than OR.

=====
"If every museum in the New World were emptied, if every
famous building in the Old World were destroyed and only
Venice saved, there would be enough there to fill a full lifetime with delight.  Venice, with all its complexity and variety, is in itself the greatest surviving work of art."  --Evelyn Waugh