Re: (TV) Echo (Round 1)

I have one thing to say on this thread: Rap sucks! (Note: this is a sarcastic
reference to a long-ago and long-dead thread on this list).

Actually, I bought CROCODILES a year ago after hearing the Television
comparison for the 10,000th time. It doesn't do much for me. But I'll pull it
out again next week.

What I'm listening to these days:
Rain Parade - first LP, which is *great*, and often likened to Television and
Beatles c. 1966 (justifiably, though they have an Oasis-like obsession with
only a handful of Beatley sounds).
Clash - SUPER BLACK MARKET CLASH. I bought this two years and was disappointed
the first few times I heard it. I pulled it out on a whim earlier this week and
now *love* it - even the remixes and outtakes at the end are decent. I'd say
2/3 of this disc is excellent, and this is coming from a guy who doesn't like
any Clash album all the way through save LONDON CALLING. But this also got me
going back to...
Clash - SANDINISTA! Thank goodness for MP3s; I pared this album down to my 15
favorite tracks.
Pere Ubu - lots of stuff.
Rolling Stones - BETWEEN THE BUTTONS [UK], OUT OF OUR HEADS [UK]. I'm not much
of a Stones' fan, but I'm getting more and more hooked lately.
Left Banke - first LP.

And I just listened to Verlaine's self-titled debut this morning. :^)

--Philip