Re: (TV) Cover Art/Mapplethorpe

In a message dated 3/8/02 9:39:36 AM, maurice@mac.com writes:

<< I really do like the cover of Adventure (Gerrit van der Meer, I
think), but I love the cover of Marquee Moon--the color shifts and
graininess of the color Xerox are just exquisite.  And I'll admit
that for a few years I thought of Mapplethorpe as "the guy who did
the Marquee Moon cover...wonder what he's up to these days."  (This,
of course, was before the NEA/Jesse Helms controversies...) >>

Ugh I am so embarrassed I even wrote a paper on Mapplethorpe for a
photography class. How did I make that error? Good thing I used the examples
of Patti Smith and Jim Carroll for my paper or my A would have been a D.
thanks for straightening me out.
lisa