Re: (TV) Chris Bell

At 9:53 PM +0000 3/8/02, Andy Ferguson wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Maurice Rickard" <maurice@mac.com>
 NP: Chris Bell, _I Am the Cosmos_ (still!),

Honestly , I listened to this record the first time and I felt like I'd been
listening to it for 20 years .

It just had a hugely familiar feel to it .
Perhaps I played on it in a previous life .

There are a lot of classic rock (maybe, but not necessarily "Classic Rock") moves in it. If I have a quibble, it's that some of the rhymes and lyrics are obvious, but few people can make obvious rhymes and lyrics *work* the way Bell and Chilton can. And dig that super radio-friendly solo on the title track!

Thanks for the recommendation Maurice , if it was you :-)

You're welcome if it was, and even if it wasn't. I know *I* took the plunge based on recommendations from list members, so it could have been a lot of people.

BTW, I'm also listening--thanks to the wonders of the 'net--to some of what has leaked out of the Beach Boys' _Smile_. Man, if Brian had completed the thing...there's just some amazingly gorgeous stuff in there.

In a serious pop phase right now,
Maurice
--
Maurice Rickard