Re: (TV) Guitars

Instead of playing with a pick in the right hand and the slide on the left, I've always envisioned this as rubbing the switchblade along the neck, back and forth (hence the slight vibrato) to produce the sound as well as setting the pitch.

Kind of like the 'behind the nut' or 'behind the bridge' question about skronk strumming, which you prefer says a lot about you. Personally my favourite wierd technique at the moment is using a slide on both the fretting hand and the strumming hand. And as I've wondered so far off topic I might as well compound it. Anyone know anything about Pete Cosey? Played with Miles Davis in the 70s, been listening to a lot of his stuff. Sounds like Robert Quine meets Hendrix in a fuzzbox.