(TV) Chris Stamey and Irving Plaza gig

Interesting to see Chris Stamey discussed here--as the token North
Carolinian here, I will report that he is coming out of hibernation,
recording  with a new group "The Mod Squad." More info at
http://www.yeproc.com/home.htm for anyone who cares. I saw him last week
in Raleigh and it was sweet. Certainly not the frantic
powerpopper  he used to be, most of the songs were slow, melodic, and a
bit orchestrated, but it was still a cool show.

Has anybody heard any news/rumours on opening bands for next week's Irving
Plaza shows? I am going on Tuesday and can't wait!

Mike