RE: (TV) LA a bad Omen? / Old Christgau Archives to Cheer us/me up?

It had everything to do with technical problems and being rushed. When
you have a small allotted time frame and the first half is bogged by tech
mishaps, the momentum sinks. Also, take into account my personal
perspective (waiting six months, sitting through Eddie Vedder, no alcohol
allowed in the theater) When you have two brilliant guitarists, if one
has a bad night, the other comes through, so here Richard's misfortune
(and I'm comparing Richard to Richard here, I'm remembering in 92 a
majestic thunderstorm of notes) was a blessing because it put more focus
on Tom's more extemporaneous work, ALSO you are able deconstruct the
alchemy of TV which is interesting when you have note perfect album
versions ingrained in your head - and also: bad TV is still TV.

Does anybody have a report from Saturday night, Big Star et al?

I wasn't depressed though - I still enjoyed it tremendously.