Re: (TV) LA a bad Omen? / Old Christgau Archives to Cheer us/me up?

In a message dated 3/18/2002 5:14:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
afne04343@blueyonder.co.uk writes:

> Did you have to eat gravel off the streets before having a bath in thin air
> as well before working 36 hours a day down mine ?

Oh, I used to *DREAM* of working 36 hours a day down mine ... :-)

Owen Gwilliam
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/otg
http://shadowy.brainiac.com (The Shadowy Site On A Shadowy Web)

"Thank you for coming to the concert ... you don't call, you don't write, but
you look good ..."
    -- Tom Waits addressing the crowd at a 1999 Vancouver concert